Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to Cuse.. Back to Pavilion

Well, well, well... It is said that all good things have to come to an end... But they say it probably because there are other good things that are waiting for you to come and end them and then move on to others... I must be reading some lifecycle stuff to be talking like this... but anyways... I just returned from my 14 week stay in Boston, which was "supposed" to be my first summer in the States.

That day it was pouring cats and dogs, same to same Mumbai Paus.... I guess Boston was sad because I was leaving, but then you will say there was rain in Syracuse too.. Then I must say that for Syracuse it was "Khushi ke aasu", that I was coming back. :D... However the rain made the commute from my house to the bus terminal a small challenge.. Somehow my bags had decided to become heavy all of a sudden and the wheels of the bag which till now used to run in the direction they were supposed to decided to have fun with me that day... I said left.. they said right.... and vice versa... But then somehow I passed my little driving test and got to the terminal... The Greyhound people had some trouble getting a bus for us and we got delayed by close to an hour.... The whole time we were betting if we would get a Wi-Fi equipped bus or not... By the way this is called "Maaj".... Finally a Wi-Fi came, but no use as I slept through most of the way...

And as I dozed off... I slowly wandered to the first time I came down to Boston... It was amazing,... the city was very welcoming... not much crowd, bu the same feel of the city... Reached 512 St. Alphonsus, which was my tent for the next 3 months.... The first best thing, there was a swimming pool in our building, and our balcony was right facing it... Nice timepass for the weekends, whether you decide to swim or no... :D.. The house was always full of people.. Till the end I had about 12 to 13 roomies over the course of the summer.... Met some nice people in the house who are now friends for life...

To talk about the city, it is a very beautiful and romantic city.... the sad part is I only got to enjoy the first part.. About the later, well we will have to do something about it... Working on it folks.. :D... I stayed near to North Eastern University, so the crowd was amazing.. Prudential building was a walking distance away and there was a beautiful spot called "Reflection Pond" with all fountains and a big pond... I worked in the heart of Boston, right in the Financial District... Used to spend my lunch hour in the park near to my office.. watching "Birds" or "Chimnya".... "Bird Watching".... There is a street in Boston called "Newbury Street"... this is where the romance comes into play... The street has many restaurants, with tables on the street... a nice candle lit tables.. and music going on.. Heard the food is good though.... Another one is the Boston Harbor and the Quincy market area.. You can find amazing street performers here.... The view from Harbor is amazing... You can see planes land and take off from Logan airport... Simply sit gazing at the sea.. with Boston Downtown on the back.... By the way this is another romantic spot... There is a Fort nearby, which is also beautiful and many beaches within a driving distance of 15 minutes... we have been to many......

One of my favorites in Boston was the early morning train ride to work... Reasons... from mumbai.. train is the part of the life... well ok, ok .. I am lying.. when you are surrounded by tons of beautiful well dressed chicks, why would your ride be not fun???? Boston is where I first took a shot at playing lawn tennis... New Federer in the making.. watch out folks...

There were some ups and downs....but the fun was never compromised......

Now I am back to Syracuse.. my alma matter... here is where I am going to "Padh likh ke.... "
There was a slight difference... all right slighhhhhhhhtttttt difference in Boston and Syracuse....
Less people, no trains (No chicks)... I have no swimming pool in my house...no beaches..... but still it is good to be back at School....

Boston I will be back

4 comments:

  1. wel man the romantic part buddy work on ur pouch...everything wud be fine....nways federer( ahem ahem) make a proper list of places we wud go once i come there....nways u write well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. flowy..
    u forgot lots of "maaaaj" with mini cooper and OFF headlights.. but its ok.. ;P
    im sure even next time u wont be enjoyin the romantic side of it... hahaha.. j/k
    poshted theva.. happy travelin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done amit...but fedrer part...naaaa...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... lucid... and we definitely could do with a federer ... enough with bhupathis,paes' and mirzas.... lets get meaner:P you seem to be having a really good tym... its good ur enjoying urself so much...

    ReplyDelete