Saturday, July 18, 2009

A day of beaches

Menu: A car for which you dont have to pay, add to that a weekend and a perfect weather... Awesome recipe for getting out of the bed and going out... Well we had a car which was given to person A by his company and he was out of town and then the car was left in our care and we could not care less.....
We decided to go to the near by beach named Nahant beach (somehow the name sounds similar to some beach in India... or is it just me). With a newbie at the wheel and I guess an outdated GPS, that was an awesome ride.... We went all places and routes except the right one ofcourse... But the good thing was we drove all around Boston Downtown.. So it was not that bad...

But we finally got on to the correct road and the beach was not that far away....... The ride was worth it... The beach was not crowded so obviously it was beautiful... Anything solace is beauty....
We hung around the beach for a while... then a Dunkin donut and coffee coolata in our tummies off we were back to the city of Boston.. The newbie was confident till now, but was sometimes pondering... did the guy behind me gave me a horn, did he flash his lights... this that, but ok... we understand... We all remember the first days of school, college... That was Nahant beach

In the evening, we went to a sand sculpting festival at Revere beach.... oh yes.... the people who participate get to play in the sand and win prize money tooo.... But they are professionals... that was reflected in the sculptures that were potrayed.. Some were the obvious modern art, which I feel is abstract and never understand... I liked the one called "An afternoon Dream", may be because I liked it or maybe because I related to it.... I think it is more the later.... That is what I do in the office after my lunch.... Dream and Dream and Dream .. oh yes I do count the hours, minutes and seconds before it is 5 and off I am... Back to the beach... Well this one was crowded as opposed to the morning one..... There was a band playing some songs, one of which went like ..."If you have money... friends will crowd you" and then if you dont they will not... well something like that, I dont remember exactly... Now you dont call people like those friends do you? There was supposed to be fireworks at the beach at 9:30 but we were out of patience... so off we went....

On the way home we stopped at Quincy Market which is one of the happening places in Boston downtown... There we watched a juggling act... It was good and funny.... aaisa bahut saara item dekhne milta hai Boston.... somebody is making music out of banging buckets, somebody is jumping across 6 people, somebody is making weird hats..... But the feel of the place is nice....
There is harbor nearby which is also beautiful.....

Came back and a perfect daal chaval to the end the day of beaches....


No comments:

Post a Comment